Cabellou-Plage Flower campsite in Concarneau : the ideal base from which to explore southern Finistère
Concarneau, is a pretty coastal town rich in history and heritage boasting beguiling landscapes and peaceful coastal scenery.
Concarneau is also a great base from which to explore southern Brittany and southern Finistère.
Discover the sites in southern Finistère
- Concarneau : Your holiday in Finistère would not be complete without a trip to Concarneau, a coastal town located opposite the Glénan islands (renowned for its clear turquoise waters), and its famous Ville Close (walled town) and marina.
It is also ideally located for visiting other popular sites in Brittany :
- Pont-Aven famous for its painters (Paul Gauguin…) and galettes (savoury pancakes),
- Quimper, renowned for its pottery and Saint-Corentin cathedral,
- Locronan, a city of character, considered to be « one of the most beautiful villages in France »,
- Audierne, Pointe du Raz (France’s Lands End) and Pointe du Van, the furthest western points on Cap Sizun,
- Trégunc, and Pointe de Trévignon, renowned for its ancient fort and beautiful beaches
- Névez, and its charming village of thatched houses at Kerhascoët
- La Forêt-Fouesnant, famous for its marina at the end of the bay of Concarneau
- Fouesnant, a wonderful destination for walking
- Bénodet, also renowned for its marina and for its location at the entrance to Pays Bigouden, along the fabulous Odet river
- Douarnenez, the town where the kouign-amann was invented, renowned for its harbour, Port-Rhu, and for its former sardine industry.
- Pont L’Abbé, the capital of Pays Bigouden, a pretty town centre with lots of boutiques
- Le Guilvinec, a legendary fishing port which is buzzing from 4pm when the fishing boats come back with their catch
- Crozon peninsula, surrounded by Brest’s harbour, the Iroise sea and bay of Douarnenez, is renowned for its numerous fortifications including the Vauban tower.
Also discover Monts d’Arrée, le Menez-Hom, Eckmül lighthouse, Pointe de la Torche, Rivers of Belon and Aven, Quimperlé, Lorient, port Manec’h, the islands of Sein, Ouessant, Molène,…